Friday, January 15, 2010

Can Dry Eye Cause Eyelashes To Fall Out Reoccurring Eye Problems (foreign Body Sensation) Please Help! ?

Reoccurring eye problems (foreign body sensation) Please help! ? - can dry eye cause eyelashes to fall out

I had eye problems for more than half a year. I have seen several eye doctors, and none of them seems to know exactly what is wrong. (In both eyes) sometimes have the feeling that a foreign body sensation. Sometimes one eye is much worse than the other. A doctor said that the contacts giant papillary conjunctivitis, but I do not use it. Other doctors have said that this is not the problem. A doctor, I thought it was a sort of dry eye, but a couple of doctors, other packages or "crater" under the eyelids. I spend much time on the computer, and I'm not sure if this could be part of the problem. Also, I sometimes thought that my eyelashes were originally somehow the problem, but I think it may be the cause. I tried a few drops as Zylet, Lotemax and ALREX. My eyes are finally beginning to feel better, but the returns foreign body sensation after some time. I'm not quite sure about was the effectiveness of this decline can not and will not abuse. I tried to take antibioticsto ensure that there is a certain kind of infection or something.
Almost every day that the regular application of lubricant eye drops and gels, which provide in general a temporary relief. On the edge one has this problem a few weeks later, I moved to Asheville, North Carolina. Not sure it is a part of the cause or not, because the eye problem often gone and come back when I'm really not in North Carolina. If there are ophthalmologists, or someone who has made a similar experience, your thoughts and suggestions we are grateful. Thank you!

2 comments:

Adam said...

Your description of symptoms such as allergic conjunctivitis. Depending on how the situation is bad, we can easily steroids (which Lotemax begin and what it is trying) to reduce inflammation, beat in the eyelids rub against the cornea every time you blink, which is irritating to say, unnecessary. They also often have a drop specifically for people with allergies because Pataday (one drop once a day) if you do not want to see the doctor again for another recipe, you can Patanol Zaditor, or on the counter. (It's one or the other works that are against the United States, not exactly remember the two Rx-only here in Canada.) Is
However, if the Lotemax (or ALREX or otherwise) that does not help at all, it is very rare - at least, reduce inflammation and foreign body sensation reduced. You are right, however, you are not exactly on steroids forever, so we usually start with the steroid plus a reduction in allergies, then taper the steroid after a few weeks. If you are still manyEmax / ALREX, I would use it for a few weeks, as well as excessive in the fight against allergies, then the case of an allergy. If that fails, I would like to see an ophthalmologist, and they repeated the whole story is not the same treatment that you tried.
Good luck - I know that allergies can be awfully boring!

waia2000 said...

In any case, could be allergies. I have the same and will get worse, right? It seems worse when pollen counts are high.

Post a Comment